Thursday, November 19, 2009

Recently got my name changed and now I need to get a passport before March. Will I need a birth certificate?

My name was changed a couple of days ago and I need to go abroad in March. Vital Statistics in my birth town, Washington, are willing to give me a birth certificate if I can get the original name change certificate, which will take too long to get.





Can I just sign up for a passport with my old birth certificate and my name change certificate (copy but stamped with seal)? Any tips or useful information?

Recently got my name changed and now I need to get a passport before March. Will I need a birth certificate?
You can go to your local post office to the passport office there and ASK how to handle this...you need OFFICIAL correct info, so go to the source. You can also go to the web site below, click on "passports", then click on "name change."
Reply:As long as you have changed your name on your government-issued photo ID (ex. driver's license), the passport office will accept it. Make sure you have your photo ID, along with your original birth certificate and your name change certificate.


No comments:

Post a Comment