Thursday, April 15, 2010

Changing my child's last name to mine in Texas?

Does anyone have a clue how that works??? We signed the AOP so my daughter could have her Dad's last name. We were engaged at the time but we are broken up for good now. She is almost 3 months old and I never sent off for her birth certificate. I received her SS card and it has her Dad's last name on it. Can I send off for her birth certificate and a new SS card with my last name on them or what?? The Texas Vital Statistics website is messed up so I can't get any info off there. I really want her to have my last name!!!

Changing my child's last name to mine in Texas?
You will have to go through legal channels to have her named changed. And the father will have to agree to the change. Thank God you have his last name, it will be easier to get support. And you should go for it too. but mind you don't forget to establish legal custody of your child. Or it might come back to bite you later.

dog teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment