Thursday, April 15, 2010

I have a big situation....?

I was born in one state under a last name... then my mother changed my last name, before I was grown. I attended and graduated from a school in another state, then moved back to my birth state. Now I am grown and since my mother has passed and I have no idea where my birth certificate is. I am also trying to get my drivers license. I do have my social security card, but the department of vital statistics say that they cannot find my birth certificate. I also am married now with a social security card in my married name to. I don't know what to do from this point on to get either my license or my birth certificate. I also have 4 children, so is there any other way that I can prove my I dentity like my school records with my social security

I have a big situation....?
You should talk to your mom's siblings and find out what your previous last name was and then go to the department again and ask them if they have a certificate under that last name and if that does not work then you should show them your new social security number and see if they can give you a new card.


Good luck!
Reply:Good advice to talk with your mom's relatives. If all else fails, you might have to spend some money and get some legal advice. However, if you can get info from your mom's relatives and go back to the Vital Statistics people you should be able to sort it out. You might have to sign affidavits or something.

hotels

No comments:

Post a Comment