Saturday, April 17, 2010

Passport on hold?

My wife and I applied for our passports on Nov. 26th for a trip to Mexico that departs on Feb. 5, 2008, I know I had plenty of time to get it so I didnt expedite. My wife received hers on Dec. 22, I received a letter telling me my birth certificate is a short form not a long form (WTF?????) Even though my BC was from vital statistics from Texas and I've used it to get into Mexico before. So I order my Long form Express but I am running out of time, I called the Passport Center and they told me I have to send it to them, I cannot go to a local agency and get one expedited because when they run my name it will come up "on hold" and they will not issue one. Am I screwed? This is sad. I still have to send it to South Carolina, they told by this week if I wanted to make it. Texas takes 10-15 bus. days, I ordered on Dec. 24th and paid for express mail.





Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks

Passport on hold?
You are in sort of a helpless position...not much you can do. when you get the birth certificate, mail it in to passport office express mail. You could try calling the birth certificate office and asking if they could do it IMMEDIATELY PLEEZZE...beg! can you reschedule your trip for a couple of weeks later? Did you ask the passport office if they can CANCEL the application they have so you could submit a new expedited one? You have probably already thought of these things, but figured I'd try. Hope it works out for you. also, I presume you are planning to FLY to Mexico. Passports are not needed for LAND and SEA travel to Mexico until after summer 2008...that requirement was pushed back and the exact date is not yet set.

home teeth cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment